Light is a form if radiant energy the eye can detect, the speed of light is 3×108 m/s. There are 2 types of light that we can detect Luminous and Non-Luminous. Luminous is something that produces its own light, example Sun. Non-Luminous is something that does not produces light but reflects it, example Moon.
– The production of light as a result of high temperature
(2) Electric Discharge
– the process of producing light by passing an electric current through a gas
– the process of producing light by absorption of UV light
– The immediate emission of visible light as a result of absorption of UV light.
– the direct production of light as a result of a chemical reaction with little or no heat.
– Chemiluminescence in a living organism
– the production of light from friction
– Light producing from an electric current flowing through a semiconducter